How to apply
The Collegiate - Canadian Admissions
How to Apply: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Complete the appropriate application form for the session and grade for which you are registering:
Please indicate your preferences for course selection, but note that placement occurs after acceptance during in-person registration. At that point, we will ensure that students are placed in appropriate courses.
- Obtain an official transcript (not a photocopy) of all Grade 9 – 12 credits earned previously at other schools. If you are currently in school, please obtain an interim report card.
- Obtain a letter of reference on school letterhead from a teacher or principal.
- If you are new to The Collegiate, you must pay an application fee (non-refundable) of $100.00 by cash, Interac, cheque, money order (payable to “The University of Winnipeg”). Visiting Students and returning Collegiate students who have paid an application fee for a previous session are exempt from this fee.
- Applicants for Mature Status must provide official proof of date of birth, such as a birth certificate, valid driver’s license, passport, or treaty card.
- Applicants for Visiting Status who are enrolled at another school must ensure the application is authorized by the home school. Your Principal’s signature will be required on the application.
- Students applying for Spring or Summer Sessions must pay all tuition fees at the time of application. If registering for Fall/Winter Session, please refer to the deposit instructions in Step 10.
- Submit complete application to:
Dean of the Collegiate
1W02 – 515 Portage Avenue
Please note, while there is no deadline for application, all student are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Space is limited, and while students may meet application requirements, there is no guarantee of placement.
- Each potential student will be interviewed by a Dean as part of the application process. After their applications have been submitted, students will receive information via phone to schedule an interview with a Dean.
- All accepted students will receive an official letter of acceptance which will provide a date for their in-person registration session. All students are expected to bring their final marks for the previous year to their registration appointment. Registration involves finalizing a timetable and paying a deposit of $1760.00 CAD.
- All students who apply to The Collegiate are automatically considered for scholarships to assist with tuition fees. Please see the Scholarships page for more information.
- The Collegiate offers several options for payment of tuition for the regular Fall/Winter session. More information on how to pay tuition fees is available.
- Bursaries are available at The Collegiate to assist with tuition costs, and are based on financial need. Students who wish to apply for a bursary must do so prior to August 15, although students in financial need should not hesitate to contact a Dean regarding tuition assistance at any time during the school year.